Safeguarding Information & Policies
Chipping Warden Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its pupils. The staff, governors and volunteers are expected to demonstrate this commitment in all aspects of their work. The school follows the procedures established by the Northamptonshire Safeguarding Children Board; a guide to procedure and practice for all agencies in Northamptonshire working with children and their families We aim to achieve this through:
- Establishing and maintaining an environment where all children feel secure and are encouraged to talk and are listened to.
- Training and educating staff to identify welfare concerns and to understand the appropriate measures to follow to address their concerns.
- Ensuring children know that there are adults within school to whom they can talk to if they are worried or concerned.
- Providing opportunities for children to develop skills to recognise and stay safe from abuse.
- The welfare of each child is paramount, however we at Chipping Warden we recognise that some children may be especially vulnerable to abuse, e.g those with special educational needs, those living in adverse circumstances and children who have been witness to violence.
Our rigorous procedures ensure that we keep our safeguarding a priority. Anyone can make make a referral to the Multi-agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) at any time. Further information can be found below along with other useful and informative links.
Designated Safeguarding Leads: Rachel Gallyot (Lead); Elizabeth Isherwood (Deputy); Teona Yardley-Barnes (Deputy); Molly Rodas (Deputy)