Safeguarding Information & Policies
Chipping Warden Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its pupils. The staff, governors and volunteers are expected to demonstrate this commitment in all aspects of their work. The school follows the procedures established by the Northamptonshire Safeguarding Children Board; a guide to procedure and practice for all agencies in Northamptonshire working with children and their families We aim to achieve this through:
- Establishing and maintaining an environment where all children feel secure and are encouraged to talk and are listened to.
- Training and educating staff to identify welfare concerns and to understand the appropriate measures to follow to address their concerns.
- Ensuring children know that there are adults within school to whom they can talk to if they are worried or concerned.
- Providing opportunities for children to develop skills to recognise and stay safe from abuse.
- The welfare of each child is paramount, however we at Chipping Warden we recognise that some children may be especially vulnerable to abuse, e.g those with special educational needs, those living in adverse circumstances and children who have been witness to violence.
Our rigorous procedures ensure that we keep our safeguarding a priority. Anyone can make make a referral to the Multi-agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) at any time. Further information can be found below along with other useful and informative links.
Designated Safeguarding Leads: Sarah Bonner (Lead); Rachel Gallyot (Deputy); Elizabeth Isherwood (Deputy); Teona Yardley-Barnes (Deputy)
Safeguarding is everyone’s business
We are very proud to be part of a working party that have come together to raise awareness of the risks that the young people in our communities are vulnerable to. Prime7 Multi Academy Trust, Chenderit Secondary School, West Northamptonshire Police and the Parish Council and Neighbourhood Watch of Chipping Warden came together to set up our Risk Aware Campaign that will aim to heighten awareness of the safeguarding concerns in our community. It will also be a platform for us to disseminate information to parents, carers, pupils and community leaders.
We are looking forward to welcoming leaders from King's Sutton and Middleton Cheney Parishes for our next meeting in January. Click here to find out more information from the Northamptonshire Safeguarding Children Partnership.