- Whole School Topics
- Reception and Year 1
- Year 1 & 2
- Year 3 & 4
- Year 5 & 6
- Modern Foreign Languages
- Religious Education
- Physical Education
- Art and Design
- Learning at Home
- Covid 19 school closure information
- Reception Covid 19 Home Learning
- Year 1 and 2 Covid 19 Home Learning
- Year 3 and 4 Covid 19 Home Learning
- Year 5 and 6 Covid 19 Home Learning
- Coronavirus Home Learning Gallery
- Grammar Guide For Parents
- Assessment & Test Results
- Test Results 2014
- Test Results 2015
- Test Results 2016
- Test Results 2017
- Test Results 2018
- Test Results 2019
- Behaviour and Rewards
- Performance Tables
Art and Design at Chipping Warden Primary Academy
At Chipping Warden Primary Academy, we believe that all aspects of Art and Design should be a source of pleasure within the whole curriculum. We aim to develop a child’s creative capacity helping them to see the world with increasing degrees of depth and analysis, as well as to take delight in what they see.
What creativity in Art, Craft and Design will look like in EYFS, KS1 and KS2
Pupils in EYFS will:
- Explore colour and how colours can be changed.
- Understand that they can use lines to enclose a space, and then begin to use these shapes to represent objects.
- Begin to be interested in and describe the texture of things
- Use various construction materials.
- Begin to construct, stacking blocks vertically and horizontally, making enclosures and creating spaces.
- Join construction pieces together to build and balance.
- Realise tools can be used for a purpose.
Pupils in KS1 will:
- Use a range of materials to design and make products.
- Begin to use sketchbooks to record observations and develop ideas.
- Use drawing, painting and sculpture to share ideas, experiences and imagination.
- Develop techniques in using colour, pattern, texture, line, shape, form and space using clay and printing to a large scale and in 3D.
- Be taught about the work of a range of artists, craftsmen and designers, describing the differences and similarities between different practices and disciplines and making links to their own work.
Pupils in KS2 will:
- Create sketchbooks to record their observations and use them to review and revisit ideas, and collect visual materials to help them to develop their ideas.
- Improve their mastery of techniques such as drawing, painting and sculpture with materials (e.g. pencil, charcoal, paint and clay).
- Learn more about the greatest artists, architects and designers in history.